15th Annual Showcase of Academy Award-Nominated Documentaries and Short Subjects
- Date: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 - Sunday, February 24, 2019
- Time: 7:00 pm
- Location: William G. McGowan Theater, Washington, DC
The National Archives hosts the 15th annual free screenings of the Academy Award® nominees in four categories: Documentary Feature, Documentary Short Subject, Live Action Short Film, and Animated Short Film.
*All programs are at capacity but you can still join the waitlists using the links below.*
- Wednesday February 20 at 7:00 p.m. RBG, Betsy West and Julie Cohen (98 minutes, rated PG).
- Thursday, February 21 at 7:00 p.m. Free Solo, Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi, Jimmy Chin, Evan Hayes and Shannon Dill (100 minutes, rated PG-13).
- Friday, February 22 at 7:00 p.m. Of Fathers and Sons, Talal Derki, Ansgar Frerich, Eva Kemme and Tobias N. Siebert (99 minutes, unrated)
- Saturday, February 23 at 7:00 p.m. Hale County This Morning, This Evening, RaMell Ross, Joslyn Barnes and Su Kim (76 minutes, unrated)
- Sunday, February 24 at 4:00 p.m. Minding the Gap, Bing Liu and Diane Quon (93 minutes, unrated)
Live Action Short Film Nominees.
Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
Animated Short Film Nominees
Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 3:30 p.m.
Documentary Short Subject Nominees
Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 11:00 a.m.
The screenings are presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in partnership with the National Archives Foundation.