Join our energetic and passionate team at the Foundation for the National Archives.
As the independent nonprofit that serves as the National Archives’ private-sector partner in the support of exhibitions, educational initiatives and public programs, your work with the Foundation will contribute to our mission to educate, enrich, and inspire a deeper appreciation of our country’s heritage through the records held in trust by the National Archives.
The Foundation offers opportunities for employment and internships with a competitive benefits package. Job postings are updated regularly. We welcome applications and inquiries.
Open positions (as of 05/30/14):
The Foundation for the National Archives is seeking a Special Events Assistant.
As the National Archives’ nonprofit partner, the Foundation generates financial and creative support and public awareness for exhibitions, public programs, capital projects, strategic partnerships and educational initiatives. The Foundation advances its mission by inspiring a deeper appreciation of our country’s heritage and encouraging citizen engagement in our democracy by introducing America’s records to people around the U.S. and the world.
The Foundation is seeking an entry level events professional with administrative and logistics experience. The Special Events Assistant will provide support to the Foundation’s Special Events Department in the successful completion of all Foundation hosted and private events.
Position Responsibilities to include (but not limited to the following):
- Coordination and event staffing for daytime, evening, and holiday events
- Administrative and day of support of the Foundation’s July 4th Celebration as well as the Foundation’s Gala and Records of Achievement Award Ceremony
- RSVP tracking online and over the telephone, including list management and follow up calls for all special events and public programs
- Development of collateral materials for events and marketing efforts
- Administrative and logistic support of the Foundation Board of Directors’ meetings and dinners
- Answering phones, filing, and general office management
- Production and distribution of gift bags and other event materials
- Event related deliveries and pickups
- Networking and promotion of the Foundation for the National Archives at industry events
Outstanding customer service skills. Sharp writing skills. 1-2 years of event planning and administrative experience. Familiarity with computer software for word-processing and database management. Raiser’s Edge experience preferred, but not required.
The successful candidate will excel and thrive in a collaborative, energetic and program-focused environment. Strong interpersonal communication skills are required. Equally important is the ability to maintain diplomacy, while working effectively with a wide range of constituencies, both internally and externally.
How to apply:
Position open immediately. Resumes reviewed on a rolling basis. Email resume, cover letter with salary preference, and three references to:
Foundation for the National Archives
700 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20408
References will not be contacted until candidate is a finalist. EOE. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No calls.