Join our energetic and passionate team at the National Archives Foundation!
As the independent nonprofit that serves as the National Archives’ private-sector partner in the support of exhibitions, educational initiatives and public programs, your work with the Foundation will contribute to our mission to educate, enrich, and inspire a deeper appreciation of our country’s heritage through the records held in trust by the National Archives.
For twenty-three years, the Foundation’s support has made possible the National Archives Museum in Washington, DC and national efforts, which include: the Rotunda for the Charters of Freedom, the David M. Rubenstein Gallery and its “Records of Rights” exhibition, the “Public Vaults” exhibition, the Lawrence F. O’Brien Gallery, the William G. McGowan Theater, Boeing Learning Center, the DocsTeach website, as well as regional and national advertising and marketing campaigns.
The Foundation offers opportunities for employment and internships with a competitive benefits package. Job postings are updated regularly. We welcome applications and inquiries.
Interested in an internship? We are always looking for candidates for communications, development, and special events interns. Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered on a rolling basis. No calls.
The National Archives Foundation (NAF) is currently recruiting for a key member of our marketing team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, we are looking for a full-time Marketing Manager to raise awareness of the Foundation and its core mission, increase membership, and improve retention rates. The Marketing Manager will support, develop, and execute marketing activities and tactics with a focus on digital and online initiatives to drive the organization’s growth and help us tell America’s story.
This is a critical role for NAF as we are looking to embark on tremendous growth. The incumbent will be expected to think and act both strategically and tactically, will need to be a reliable collaborator, and be able to communicate clearly and compellingly at all levels of the organization. You will wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and join a tightly knit team that is tackling interesting and challenging opportunities!
- – Create, manage, and execute integrated marketing campaigns to include content marketing, email marketing, events, social, SEM/PPC, SEO, direct mail, and advertising
- – Manage an internal marketing specialist and external vendors to accomplish goals
- – Collaborate cross-functionally with development and special events teams
- – Leverage key technologies in marketing efforts, including customer relationship management tools and email marketing tools (i.e.: Marketo and/or Hubspot)
- – Manage the website (WordPress) and develop it further as an integral piece of the Foundation’s marketing efforts to increase brand awareness online, drive traffic, and increase conversion rates
- – Identify, research, and write content for web, email campaigns, newsletter, annual report, and other marketing materials
- – Assist the Director of Marketing maintain and develop the budget against fiscal year for all marketing promotional plans
- – Manage internal communications calendar
- – Own the marketing contact database; managing the ideal customer/member/donor profiles, named account lists, lead qualification, and lead scoring criteria
- – Act as the Power User for the Foundation’s marketing automation software, leading team reporting and workflow automation activities
- – Perform weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting on KPI’s, marketing campaigns, lead generation, channel activity, and pipelines
- – Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of progressively responsible marketing roles, preferably B2C demand generation and/or digital marketing background
- – Strong all-round marketing capabilities with a proven understanding of content creation, email marketing, social media, SEO/PPC, events, and partner marketing
- – In-depth proficiency of Marketo, HubSpot or other marketing automation platform is required
- – Proven end-to-end campaign management experience, project management, and organization skills
- – Can-do approach to optimizing various programs, testing new ways of executing channels, and making decisions based on objective data to continuously optimize programs and investments
- – Exceptional interpersonal skills; must be able to interact with staff, volunteers, board members, corporate executives, and professionals in government, academia, and the non-profit sector
- – Detail-oriented, deadline-focused, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- – Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, with a high degree of pro-activeness
- – Maintains up to date knowledge of current trends and tactics in marketing, including but not limited to all aspects of digital marketing
- – Proficiency in WordPress and working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- – Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays (particularly 4th of July)
- – Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, a BIG plus, but not required
How to Apply:
Position open immediately. Resumes reviewed on a rolling basis. Salary commensurate with experience. Email resume, cover letter, salary preference, and three references to:
Andrea Puhak, Marketing Director
National Archives Foundation
References will not be contacted until candidate is a finalist. EOE. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No calls.