Join our energetic and passionate team at the National Archives Foundation!
As the independent nonprofit that serves as the National Archives’ private-sector partner in the support of exhibitions, educational initiatives and public programs, your work with the Foundation will contribute to our mission to educate, enrich, and inspire a deeper appreciation of our country’s heritage through the records held in trust by the National Archives.
For 25 years, the Foundation’s support has made possible the National Archives Museum in Washington, DC and national efforts, which include: the Rotunda for the Charters of Freedom, the David M. Rubenstein Gallery and its “Records of Rights” exhibition, the “Public Vaults” exhibition, the Lawrence F. O’Brien Gallery, the William G. McGowan Theater, Boeing Learning Center, the DocsTeach website, as well as regional and national advertising and marketing campaigns.
The Foundation offers opportunities for employment and internships with a competitive benefits package. Job postings are updated regularly. We welcome applications and inquiries.
Interested in an internship? We are always looking for candidates for communications, development, and special events interns. Send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com to be considered on a rolling basis. No calls.
The National Archives Foundation (NAF) is seeking a Director of Digital Marketing and Communications. This position plays a vital role in fulfilling the Foundation’s mission by helping to design the online branding and outreach strategy for the organization. In addition, this position shapes media engagement and how partners, corporate sponsors, donors, members, and the general public perceive and engage the National Archives Foundation.
While online marketing focused, this position will also oversee the communications for the organization using a variety of communications tactics such as earned and paid media to expand the profile of the Archives and NAF.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage all strategic online marketing and digital branding strategies for the organization, increasing visibility and profits with our in-museum and online retail store
- Evaluate marketing research and develop marketing strategies and assist partnerships with travel and tourism bureaus like Destination DC and concierge, tourism, and hospitality companies
- Manage NAF branding across all departments, especially within marketing and communications team
- Management of online marketing consultants and all print and online advertising, electronic media, and promotion activities
- Develop and manage NAF educational programming and outreach strategies for NAF and the Archives
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Retail and eCommerce to maximize sales, marketing, and consumer growth of the National Archives Store online and in the physical museum
- Ensure the development of strong organizational communications materials, such as annual report, web copy, internal/external news articles, social media, talking points, marketing materials, etc.
- Manage the overall Marketing & Communications department budget
- Develop, implement, and manage the comprehensive communications and messaging strategy with the Deputy Executive Director and the Communications and Partnership teams
- Develop national and local media outreach strategy and manage media relationships as well as PR firms with Communications and Programs Manager
- Increase media coverage of all NAF and Archives events, programs, and exhibitions and develop a diverse list of media outlets focusing on tier one publications
- Manage video consultant ensuring completion of regular and assigned video projects like the NAF Gala video and development of collateral associated with rotating exhibits.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the digital marketing and branding field
- Strong digital marketing skills a must
- Skills also should include media and PR, institutional communications, marketing and branding at a nonprofit, association, or corporation
- Experience collaborating with federal government employees and staff as well as supervising contractors/vendors preferred
- Experience working with Meltwater/Cision or similar platform a plus
- Strong social media and website skills, knowledge of Google AdWords and additional online platforms a must
- Experience managing and collaborating closely with staff
- A passion for U.S. history, a commitment to education and civic engagement, and an enthusiasm for the mission of the Foundation and the National Archives
How to apply
Position open immediately. Resumes reviewed on a rolling basis. Email resume, cover letter with salary preference, and three references (references will not be contacted unless the candidate is a finalist).
Deputy Executive Director
National Archives Foundation
700 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Room G-12 Washington, DC 20408