A Life of Selfless Service, Sacrifice, and Civic Engagement
- Date: Friday, September 10, 2021
- Time: 6:30 pm
- Location: Online
Join the Nationals Archives as it commemorates the 20th anniversary of 9/11. The Archives is hosting an event to discuss a quintessential and extraordinary American story: immigrant, war hero, selfless hero – COL Cyril “Rick” Rescorla. Although Rescorla perished in the attacks, he is credited with saving the lives of 2,700 fellow Morgan Stanley employees and inspiring all those around him. Rescorla’s story is found in the Archives and this program will discuss his lifelong courage, service, sense of community and inspirational leadership as a model for our youth on a day in history that the country will never forget.
Program discussion followed by audience question and answer. Participants include:
· Megan Jones, 9/11 Memorial and Museum (moderator)
· Conrad Crane, US Army Heritage and Education Center
· Lissa Young, United States Military Academy
· Jenna Ryall, New York City Department of Education
The program will be broadcast live via YouTube.
Register below for the online broadcast: